FreeNAC contains a host of features to help system administratos to ease the management and deployment of VLANs while providing Network Access Control.
The key features are
- Dynamic VLAN assignment
- LAN access control
- Flexibility of LAN authentication mechanisms: 802.1x, VMPS/Mac, Cisco Mac-Auth-Bypass
- Highly automated
- Redundancy and load sharing for high availability
- Live inventory of end-devices on the network
- Switch port programming
- Documentation of LAN cabling
- Flexible reporting
The Community edition is free to download, the Enterprise edition provides additional features, as detailed below.
|MAC address based authentication (VMPS mac-auth-bypass).|
|Windows user interface.|
|Web based user interface.|
|Active directory integration.|
|Intelligent hub integration.|
|Scanning of open port and identification of the Operating System on End Devices.|
|Patch cabling documentation.|
|Automated inventory of hostnames|
|Enable an expiry date to be set for each MAC address (to allow Visitors access for one day only for example).|
|Support for handling virtual machines|
|Assignment of VLANs by switch location|
|Scripts to assist in the initial import of systems from a CSV file.|
|Alerting of key system events|
|Automatic detection of end-devices /ports not actively managed by FreeNAC, to ensure a complete inventory of End-Devices on the network.|
|McAfee Epo Anti-Virus server integration.|
|Microsoft SMS (Software package/system management) server integration.|
|Emergency "stop" tool which can disable NAC and quickly configure static vlans on switch ports (for disaster recovery in extreme situations).|
|Custom modules for client specific environments (e.g. interfaces to "static" corporate inventory systems).|
|Priority Support from the FreeNAC core team.|
|Long term patches & support|
Policy decision methods:
- End-device is known, killed, expired.
- End-device can be queried from external datasources.
- Vlan is assigned per end-device, a port default, or a global default.
- Health warning methods: specific ports are open on the end device. Windows patches or (EPO) Anti-Virus is old.
If you are using FreeNAC in a production environment, or require priority support, custom modules, or you wish to financially support the core development team; the enterprise edition is recommended.
Please contact us.