Summary - factsheet
Your organisation depends on a reliable, flexible high performance LAN network. External as well as internal staff may have physical access to rooms with Ethernet ports. You wish to restrict access to the LAN to authorized systems, improve the efficiency of Ethernet cabling / port usage, allow visitors to use a ‚guest LAN‘ and allow dynamic sub-networks to be quickly created for specific projects distributed over several rooms/buildings.
With NAC you have an application that allows easy and efficient management of access to your Cisco LAN. All attempts to connect to the LAN are verified, end-devices assigned to their designated Virtual LAN and inventoried. Unauthorized access is blocked and a detailed alarm sent to the Network Manager. You can dynamically manage the Network configuration, document cable usage, identify the location of devices, when ports or devices were last used and the operating system / services on end-devices.
- Efficient LAN access management
- Easier Virtual LAN management
- No software needed on end-devices, legacy devices will continue to function
- Up to date live network inventory
- Friendly, centralized User Interface
- Optimized usage of available Ethernet cables and switch ports
- Dynamic Virtual LAN management and assignment per end-device
- LAN Access control (authentication, authorization, VLAN assignment per End-device)
- Efficient live inventory of Network elements, end devices and Ethernet cabling.
- Allows Roaming of devices between rooms/buildings.