- A dynamic network allows better use of available switch ports, which provides efficiency and cost savings, easier switch configuration and less changes in cabling during re-organisations.
- FreeNAC does not require software installed on end devices in VMPS mode. In 802.1x, a 'supplicant' software is needed. Customers who already use "manual port-based access" will save time and gain effectiveness.
- FreeNAC also works with legacy Cisco switches, there is no need to upgrade to the latest Cisco hardware.
- Automated live network inventory.
- Allows a more dynamic, efficient LAN/cabling
- Highly automated and easy to use, reducing support costs.
- Extensible: add your own modules, or interfaces to your Systems to better integrate NAC into your Processes and Workflow. Open Standards, open source, open review.
- NAC runs on standard hardware & Operating Systems (Linux/Unix)
- Proven technology: in production since 2004
- The GUI can be used by help desk, Cisco expertise is not needed
- More efficient than "Manual port-based access" or classical VMPS